Monday, April 9, 2018

Where in the world have I been????

I have had a busy few weeks.  I am still having a busy week but wanted to catch you up on a few quilting things that I have been doing.
 First, I took a class from Paula Nadelstern, quilter, author and fabric designer.  Her quilts are an exquisite series of kaleidoscopes and are drop dead gorgeous.  The above is a sample of a piece of one of her quilts.  There is a knockout one coming - it is in Paducah now - but we were privileged to get a glimpse of it.  The picture above is a tiny piece of another one of her quilts.
Here is my star - quite a fun class classed Sun Star.  Paula is an excellent teacher and she really knows how to pace the class, keep it interesting, and make hard tasks seem easy easy.  I am anxious to make another to compliment it this block.  My friend used the same fabric as I did  and they are totally different! 
I auditioned some of my Island Batiks so that I could work on April's challenge while away on Spring Fling, our annual quilt guild getaway.  These fabrics are given to me by Island Batik to use in quilt challenges throughout the year.  For the retreat, we go to a lovely spot on Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire,  a little over 2 hours north of Boston.  We sew and eat and laugh and have a great time for 4 days and 3 nights.  The endless winter meant there was lots of ice still on the lake and snow that fell Friday!  
The above quilts went to new homes.
I have been playing with a few designs - some easier than others!  
I worked on a new technique for my April Challenge.
 
I worked on a pattern for our  QAL!  Details will be realeased on May 1st so keep an eye out.   It is designed by a group that met nearly a year ago in the 2017 New Quilt Bloggers and are now known as Partners in Design.  You can find us here.
 
I signed up to host a few things in May...more on that later.
 
Unfortunately, I fell behind in my #365daysofArt but I will be back! One can only do so much.
 
So, you can see there are a lot of things in the works.
 
Linking up to:
Janda Bend - Pieceful Sunday
Powered by Quilting - Friday Foto Fun
Inquiring Quilter - Wednesday Wait Loss